he smooth, polished brass cap sits comfortably in the middle of your palm, while your forefinger rests on the recess in front of the blade. It feels natural when in your hand, making it all the more easy to use. This is a plane made to be carried in an apron, ready for action at a moment’s notice for all manner of small jobs. For fine trimming of end grain, flicking out chamfers or taking off the odd whisker, the Rider 102 fits the bill perfectly. The micro-adjustable depth of cut is precise, ensuring complete control when taking the thinnest of shavings. The 30mm wide O1 high carbon steel blade is 3mm thick giving a positive, chatter-free performance.
- A plane destined for frequent use, fits naturally in the palm
- Micro-adjustable depth of cut for precision control
- Adjustable mouth allowing for either thin or thick shavings
- Solid cast and polished brass cap
- O1 high carbon steel blade, 30mm wide, 3mm thick