Based on the long unavailable Stanley 140, this multi-talented tool is designed to deal with difficult woods using a combination of a low angle approach, shear cutting action from the skewed and tilted blade, and extra weight of the bronze body.
A retractable nicker scores cross-grain fibers, and the removable side plate and adjustable fence allow quick conversion to rabbeting and cross-grain work, such as fielding raised panels.
- Make door hinge recesses quickly and easily
- Produces precise mortices with sharp corners
- Wide mouth gives clear view of work
- 245mm(9.5/8") long by 38mm(1.1/2")
Lie-Nielsen Tongue & Groove
- Centres on 3/4" (19mm) stock, leaving a 1/4" (6.35mm) wide tongue
- Single forked blade O1 tool steel
- Simple to sharpen, hone and set up
- Fine tolerances ensure blade is always square on to the base