his traditional style, Rider spokeshave has a flat sole, designed for cutting and refining convex curves and chamfers. The spokeshave body is ductile cast iron, with a tough black enamel finish. The well-rounded handles and thumb rests offer comfort and control when cutting. Twin knurled adjusting screws control both depth and lateral adjustment of the 55 mm(2.1/8″) wide blade. This adjustment allows a very fine setting for delicate work. The O1 steel blade is oil quenched, hardened and tempered to HRC 63, and only requires a little honing before use.
Rider spokeshaves only require the bare minimum of initial preparation. We are confident that our Rider spokeshaves represent a good standard in traditional, quality and great value.
- Flat sole for convex curves and chamfers
- O1 carbon steel blade hardened and tempered to HRC 63
- Twin adjusting screws for depth and lateral adjustment
- Well-rounded handles with thumb rests for comfort and control
- Ductile cast iron body with tough black enamel finish