These are a version of our popular small dovetail jaws, made to fit the SK80 chuck, although they are also suitable for the SK100 and SK114 chucks. The SK80 Dovetail Jaws Type D expand into a 17.5mm diameter dovetail recess. The dovetail grips the base of small bowls, goblets and eggcups. The centre is useful for gripping thin spigots, lace bobbin planks and similar items. An Axminster chuck allows a wide variation to accommodate any deviation. This enables these jaws to grip a spigot from 0mm to 31mm or expand into a recess from 16mm to 46mm. Obviously at more extreme diameters the jaws are no longer a true circle.
N.B. The finish may be either silver or black due to changes in legislation regarding passive zinc plating.
- Potential gripping range: Internal 0mm to 31mm
- Potential gripping range: External 16mm to 46mm
- Recommended for SK80, SK100 and SK114 chucks
- Drawing dimensions taken when jaws form true circle
- Excellent for gripping bowls, vases etc with narrow bases
- Made exclusively by Axminster in Axminster